Y5soedQdgmUj0v_FJtE4tx4KV9s The Coupon Butterfly: SodaStream (Review)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SodaStream (Review)

I have been fascinated by the SodaStream soda machine ever since I saw it for the first time several months back on Television.  Both my husband and I are huge soda drinkers and spend so much money each month in the grocery store just on soda alone.  You can't imagine how ecstatic I was when I found out that I was given the opportunity to review this amazing product.


My SodaStream arrived early this afternoon via UPS.  Along with my SodaStream machine I received a carbonator (which carbonates up to 60 liters of water), 3 different MyWater Essence Flavors,  a mixture of 6 regular size syrups (that range from diet cola to energy drinks), 2 larger size syrups, and a bottle which is used to carbonate the soda.   


There was hardly any assembly required to begin using my SodaStream.  All I needed to do was open the back of the machine, remove the plastic seal and open the cap from the top of the carbonator, open up the back of the machine, turn the carbonator until it was firmly locked in place, and close the machine back up.  


Once assembled, I placed it on my kitchen counter where it will stay.  I removed the plastic bottle from the front of the machine and filled it up just below the water line with ice cold water.  I then placed the bottle back into the machine and turned it until it was firmly locked in place. 


There is no electricity required for your SodaStream to work. A few pulses of the button on the top of the machine and I instantly had carbonated water. Once the carbonation process was completed I then carefully removed the bottle and slowly filled it with the cola syrup I had already measured out.  Each bottle comes with instructions on how to measure out the syrup.  It's so easy and takes less than a minute to make your favorite type of soda.  Once you are done using the syrup you can store it in your refrigerator until you are ready to make your next batch of soda.


This is how the soda looks once it has been mixed (*Note: I had already poured a glass for my husband who was really excited to try it).  After trying several different types of soda using my new SodaStream soda machine, I can now say that my husband and I are truly hooked on it!  My husband especially loves the variety of diet sodas that they have to offer.  Being a diabetic, it's often hard for him to find stock of his favorite diet soda flavors in the supermarket.

Please visit SodaStream.com for the full line of Soda makers and to re-order products.



Disclaimer: It's important to note that SodaStream was kind enough to send me the soda machine as well as all of the accessories that came along with it for this review, no other compensation was received.  The opinions shared in the blog about SodaStream are solely mine. 







No comments: